Friday, April 6, 2012

My choice? Happiness!!

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others." ~Marianne Williamson
Keeping a positive attitude and outlook on life allows you to be a positive influence in others' lives. As a result, you attract positive and caring people, and enrich your own life in the process. At least this is what I have experienced in my life. This wasn't always the case. Like most people, there were dark times in my life, when I felt totally alone. When I felt like I just couldn't go on, I finally reached out for help, and guess what? - I got it. From that point on, my life has gradually changed for the better. 
I had tough decisions to make when it came to the people I had chosen to be a part of my life. They were not all positive, they were actually toxic and a bad influence on me. I had to look within and realize I had a choice. I could choose to allow them to remain in my life and bring me down OR I could choose to let them go. I chose to let them go. That was the best decision I ever made.
Today I am surrounded by positive people. It has made me a better person, more loving, outgoing and supportive. Today I love meeting new people. People actually enjoy being a part of my life.  As long as I step out of my comfort zone and walk through my fear, I know I can't go wrong. Will people still hurt and disappoint me? Of course...but, like I said, I am surrounded by positive people and they can help me heal. I can no longer let fear rule my life. I did that for far too long. As a result, I caused myself far too much anguish.
Happiness is a choice. you can choose behaviors and actions that will bring you the most happiness OR you can choose to live in fear and be miserable. 
What do you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment